Thursday, November 1, 2007

Favorite type of music?

Call me weird, but my favorite type of music in the world right now is screamo and rock. I know most people hate screamo but hey it beats rap by a long shot I'd say. I mean the guitar, drums and base in screamo is amazing and its rather lack-luster in most other genres (Don't deny it, you know its true.) and the lyrics when they intelligible (I'll admit its rather difficult to translate screaming into understandable English.) they are much better than rap. I mean a typical screamo or rock lyric is about death, destruction, etc. A normal rap lyric tends to be about smacking your hoes around and hustling. Now I'm all for abuse of hoes and getting money from unsuspecting suckers, but change it up a little. Maybe make a song that's NOT offensive to every living human being and I'll consider listening to it. Also I like any song that can make me laugh. System of a Down, Stephen Lynch and other such artists leave me laughing like hell. Give me something intense and edgy over a lame drum beat and smacking hoes (Again, and again, and again, and again.) any day.

No comments: